
I can hardly contain myself. The last few days have been torture. And I foresee the next two days being just as bad. I leave for home Friday morning. Home is Avon Indiana(not actually the town I grew up in but very close and I will drive through my small town with its single four way stop.) My parents have a condo in Avon and my sister and her family and my brother and his will all be there and we will pretty much gorge ourselves on food. My mom is a great cook and we always have the same things at Christmas, Turkey on Christmas eve and Ham on Christmas day. Intermixed with all of that are the snacks. Cheeseballs, cookies, Chex Mix(homemade of course) and more specifically, a dried beef horseradish creamcheese roll up thing that is so good I crave it. It is one of what I call the 70's hors'douvres. The other is a dip made with creamcheese, garlic and chili sauce. My Mom got these recipe's in the 1970's and they are so delicious they just may be the best thing ever to come from the 70's.
Only two more days!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
AND I think you should make for everyone Erin's dynamo chocolate penaut butter balls. That would be the loving thing to do Heterbebetterboneybones. Tell your mom she doesn't have to cook, tell Chavdar he is truly going home this year (Portland), and get off your cheeseball-eating tuckus and make some balls. And while you are at it, how about some Bulgarian banitsa, chopska salata, and mousaka? Now get busy! and then post photos!
Heather, you are so cute. And I love that photo!!
Have fun eating lots of 70's snackies!
Oh! That sounds JUST like my mother in law. LOL! It is comforting, huh? And okay during the holidays. The calories don't count.
:)
Post a Comment