Friday, December 15, 2006

Merry Christmas


I love Christmas. Despite my lingering doubts about the existence of a God let alone a Christian god I still love Christmas. I love that despite the sometimes bitter cold evenings, that the twinkling Christmas lights on the houses in my neighborhood make the walk from the train so much better. I love the constant strains of Christmas music pouring from cars, headphones and stores. I love my Christmas tree, I turn it on first thing in the morning and it is the last thing off at night. I love that my friends Gwyn and Peter are having a holiday cocktail party where Peter and I will play Christmas carols, he on the piano and me on the violin. I love that I will see my entire family for four days and that we will bake cookies, eat lots of chex mix, play board games and video games, watch "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation" and my Dad will laugh so hard he will cause himself to cough because of his asthma, and we will laugh and have fun and open Christmas gifts. Christmas is Wonderful.

4 comments:

Alex S said...

I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it! Chavdar in his antlers is just too much! My little Chavdar, it won't be long before you are whisked away to Portland and never have to be locked away in the kitchen alone ever ever again. I shall have you feast on kitty tails and stacks and stacks of ribs! Merry Xmas to you Heterbebetterboneybones!!!

xegbp said...

I am in love with that picture too. He looks so angry. he is the best dog ever and he is NOT coming to live with you in Portland. He loves Chicago and he gets lots of good treats here and has a boyfriend named Percy(my friend Gwyns rat terrier) whom he has seen twice this week. So although he misses you terribly and wishes you lived in Chicago he has told me he is not moving unless I come too. Have a very Happy Holiday Alex, send my love to your family and get your butt back to Chciago soon.

Alex S said...

I will come visit! BTW I didn't know Chavdar was gay. When did that happen? I wanted to cross breed Chavdar with Poopsie Marie Maxwell, the Bijan I canine nannied for up in Seattle. Are you sure?

Alex S said...

BTW, for the love of God, I hope you are bringing Chavdar to your parents for Christmas- don't tell me you are making him spend the holidays alone in your kitchen! that will be too much for me and I will orchestrate a commando raid.