He stood to the side of the road with his thumb lifted waiting for someone to show some mercy and stop and offer him a ride. He had been waiting for days although to him it had seemed like months. This place, this world was so sad and he could not bear it any longer, so he had packed a bag and was heading home. He was hopeless and this was the only answer he had found. It was drastic he knew but he wanted it worse then he had ever wanted anything, even worse then he had wanted world domination and the end of the human race. He wanted all of his circuits removed and he wanted to be melted down, robot suicide they called it.
On a Side note I will have a story up on Tuesday on a site called Six Sentences, check it out.
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Poor Robot. Nice twist!
Ha. very nice twist. I look forward to Tuesday. Be sure to post the link.
Haha! Fun post!
Would I be a total bum if I stole your idea and submitted something to Six Sentences? I love it!
cool, was suspicious of the extended wait, but thought maybe he was hitching near a truck stop...
didn't expect the robot :)
hehehe. You are good at the ShortShort.
:)
I like the ending! Cool!
gautami
rooted.
Great story Heterbebetterbones! I SAW that robot too! If I had known how depressed he was I would have stopped and offered my services. Of course since he(is a robot a gender???) hates mankind he (?) probably would have killed me shortly thereafter. Why can't humans and robots just get along?
Enjoyed reading that. Do robots get depressed?
Hah! Data run amuck. Loved this.
Wonderful short short.
Thanks for the Six Sentences link.
Look forward to reading yours.
He wanted to be melted down. Wow. Very inventive.
Post a Comment