Friday, February 09, 2007

If only everything could be this Yummy

She lost her virginity in the cornfield behind her house the summer after her senior year and it was yummy. She had dreaded the experience because she had heard the stories of pain and unpleasteness that the first time would likely be, but with him it was different. With him everything was yummy. She was in love for the first time and he was everything she had ever dreamed of. He was funny and smart and so handsome it almost made her weep. With his intense blue eyes and serious talk of world politics she had fallen hard and the fact that he loved her still amazed her even to this day 20 years later, to think that the beautiful young man with such a charisma could love her, the bookish chubby weird girl. She had spent most of High School dreading the mornings when she had to leave, she planned her escape down to the last detail and then he had entered her life and she gave him everything she had been saving of herself. They spent hours driving around in his car talking and laughing and loving. And in the field the week before she left for College she gave him her virginity and it was perfect so perfect that at that moment she knew nothing would ever be as good as that. She left for college while he stayed home and worked on his father’s farm and slowly this beautiful thing they had slowly started to disintegrate and in the end she was left with a sweet yummy memory that still twenty years later could bring a smile to her face. There were many more boys after him even one she married, but none of them could ever dislodge that blue-eyed boy from her heart and when she heard of his death a little piece of her disappeared through the whole in heart that he had left.

10 comments:

Elspeth said...

That's an interesting interpretation of yummy.

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about you? If so, you're brave to share such a deep part of you. Indeed, some past memories can be sadly yummy...I loved your take on the prompt.

JHS said...

Oh, my. That is so touching. I'm sure I'm not the only person who can relate to it. So sad, but so often life works like that.

Thanks for sharing it.

Stop by and check out my scribblings!

GoGo said...

Very unique take. I appreciate how your so easily able to step outside the box of things and create something trully novel.

Amber said...

Aww. :(
My first was also a yummy beautiful eyed boy I will never forget...
But this was sad.

:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with gogo you really did step out of the box.
Excellent short short.

gautami tripathy said...

This is a very beautiful post. Very intense. Echoing our thoughts.

gautami

Yummy!!

gma said...

Enjoyed this piece...and had a similar story. Felt so sad when he died in a silo...even though I hadn't seen him in years.

Unknown said...

Nice post. I prefer brown eyes though.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet post and sad at the end.

I like that it's a tribute to your time together in your youth, and to his memory and what he meant to you.