"There will only be one of you for all time, fearlessly be yourself."
Friday, July 15, 2005
Chocolate
Some of you may not know this but our downtown office is just a couple blocks from the Bloomer Chocolate Factory, so on some days particulary windy ones you can smell chocolate. I love when I get off the el and all I smell is cooking chocolate.
It is funny that you wrote about a Chocolate Factory because Beth and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. Beth was looking forward to it because we both love the original movie. I on the other hand thought that it would of course never hold a candle to the original, and apparently I was right.
Ok it was the weirdest movie I have ever seen bar none. I know that Tim Burrton is a strange dude, but man oh man this took the cake for sure. All of the characters were sent out of the Chocolate factory in roughly the same manor, but the similarities stopped there. They added and subtracted most of what made the first movie so great!
First of all Charlie had a dad which made the movie even creeper, because a mom and a son and 4 grandparents all in one house is pretty strange to start out with, but then and a Dad and whoa, it just bugged me.
Secondly and probably the worst part of the whole movie was the Oompa-Loompas songs. They were terrible and were to the point of being frightening.
Thirdly, there were flashbacks to when Willy Wonka was a child and to when he discovered the Oomap-Loompas which took up a lot of the movie. This bothered me a lot, because the movie isn’t called the life of Willy Wonka. It is called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Lastly, although JOHNNY DEPP makes a great Captain Jack Sparrow his Willy Wonka leaves something out and he doesn’t even come remotely close to Gene Wilder.
I could go on and on ranting about this movie, but the bottom line is don’t see it. I mean it don’t ever rent it when it comes out on DVD in a month, this movie gets ½ star, because I did laugh once or twice, but I am not sure why.
1 comment:
It is funny that you wrote about a Chocolate Factory because Beth and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. Beth was looking forward to it because we both love the original movie. I on the other hand thought that it would of course never hold a candle to the original, and apparently I was right.
Ok it was the weirdest movie I have ever seen bar none. I know that Tim Burrton is a strange dude, but man oh man this took the cake for sure. All of the characters were sent out of the Chocolate factory in roughly the same manor, but the similarities stopped there. They added and subtracted most of what made the first movie so great!
First of all Charlie had a dad which made the movie even creeper, because a mom and a son and 4 grandparents all in one house is pretty strange to start out with, but then and a Dad and whoa, it just bugged me.
Secondly and probably the worst part of the whole movie was the Oompa-Loompas songs. They were terrible and were to the point of being frightening.
Thirdly, there were flashbacks to when Willy Wonka was a child and to when he discovered the Oomap-Loompas which took up a lot of the movie. This bothered me a lot, because the movie isn’t called the life of Willy Wonka. It is called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Lastly, although JOHNNY DEPP makes a great Captain Jack Sparrow his Willy Wonka leaves something out and he doesn’t even come remotely close to Gene Wilder.
I could go on and on ranting about this movie, but the bottom line is don’t see it. I mean it don’t ever rent it when it comes out on DVD in a month, this movie gets ½ star, because I did laugh once or twice, but I am not sure why.
Post a Comment