The telephone rang and rang and rang. I slammed down the receiver and cursed at the heavens. Where the hell was she? she had said she would call at 10:30 and that was four hours ago. This was not good. Not good at all. If she did not get here soon every thing would be over. The plans we made would be finished. My mind turned to the the plans we had made. We were going to take the cash and travel the world. We would buy sari's and spices in India and see the Taj Majal. We would climb to base camp in Nepal and drink butter tea in Kathmandu. We would walk the entire length of the Great Wall. We would eat puffer fish in Japan and bath in mineral springs. We would take the Trans Siberian railroad and make jokes with babushkas. We would see the Blue Mosque in Turkey and swim in the Black Sea on the coast of Bulgaria. We would lie on the ground in Transylvania and pretend to have been over come by the charisma of Dracula. We would drink Champagne in France and eat chocolate in Belgium..... The list went on and on and only as the phone rang did I realize another hour had passed. I answered the phone and it was my mother.
" Turn on the TV!" she said.
I turned on the TV and there she was, I dropped the telephone as she was handed the giant check for 350 million dollars with out me.
Friday, May 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
$350 million dollars? Wow, just think of how many bore wells THAT would buy!
I can not even imagine!!!!! That would be so much clean water.
What a neat little story! Instead of the telephone bell ringing it was more like "for whom the bell tolls."
oooh IF only!
Another great little story! I really enjoyed that. Thank you!
oh my, not a good day... not a good friend.. excellent creative post to the prompt!!!
:) have to agree with lucy. if only. :)
Post a Comment