
" I Quit, I quit, I quit!" these words repeated through her head as she walked to work. Enough was enough, she was tired of all the crap and this time she was really going to do it. No putting off, she would find another job. This job was not her life and she was going to quit. Really, today was the day. As she walked on she thought of all the horrible things that had happened to her over the last few years, the bad treatment by her bosses, the laughs, the jeers, she was done, no more. As she entered the fairgrounds she saw her boss and she marched over to him and bravely said,
" I quit!"
He laughed and said " Oh come on Mary you know that you are not going to quit."
" Yes, I am." she said.
"Fine, fine so you quit, lets see what your sister has to say about that. So Elisa are you quiting too?"
Mary turned to her twin sister who just looked back at her with a sad look in her eye and said, " No Mr. Smith I am not quitting, Mary and I have no place else to go."
And with that, Mary's attempt to break free was over. Elisa tried to console her as they headed toward the Midway and their booth in the Freak Show.
6 comments:
This is a gem of a story. It's true that there are some things that we can't quit.
Are Siamese twins an example of the Thai that binds?
Happy Memorial Day weekend
What a sad little story! (and Granny's question is just too funny!)
Very funny. Or is it very sad? I guess I'm of two minds.
What an interesting story; shows your sense of humor.
Sucks to be them!
oh, this was sad.
Post a Comment