Friday, February 24, 2006

Maude Valentine

I have been reading my Grandma Clark's journals recently. She wrote them from 1977 to 1989. She passed away in 1989 and the last entry is a few weeks before her death. They have been a wonderfully blessing. I was only 19 when my grandmother died and I had adored her. She was the best Grandmother a person could have. She did in fact help to shape the person I became. In those journals one of the things she mentioned was an idea for a story she was going to write. Well I had never heard of the story so I know it was not published. So I decided to go home and look through a file cabinat that my parents still have. I brought home a bag of stuff of hers that looked like it could have some wiritings in it. One of the things was called Maude Valentine. This is in fact the story idea she had. It has five chapters and over a 100 pages. I strated reading it last night. I am going to go through it and see if I could update it and finish it. I would love to be able to do that for my Grandmother.

I also found some great family history stuff about her family. They owned a hotel here in Chicago. I am going to do some research on this.

No comments: