Friday, March 07, 2008
The Experiment
It was four o clock in the morning when they began the experiment. They sat side by side on the lab table as the doctors wired them up. She knew that if it did not work this time she was done. She had grown tired of the constant test and questions. She could she thought go on living this way the rest of her life. It really was not as bad as most people would think. She had over the course of the last six months gotten used to it. She had never really thought that what she would miss most was nail polish. She could not explain why this one stupid little thing made her tear up every time she thought of never being able to paint her nails again, bright sparkly pink, iridescent purple, deep dark red. If the experiment did not work, those days were over. She felt the first jolt of electricity run through her body and then everything went black. When she woke up it was afternoon and she was groggy. Slowly she remembered the experiment, she looked down at her body. She screamed at what she saw. A doctor rushed into the room and asked what was wrong, all she could do was shake her head and laugh and cry. She was back, back in the body she had been born with, back in her self. Thank God the experiment had worked; she had been getting tired of standing up to pee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
he..he..hee..what an imagination you've got. I love it. Great work!
Hee hee. I had a hunch that's where it was going.
I bet she likes to play with power tools as much as she loves to paint her nails, huh? ;)
ohhh, that was very, very good...
Well, Whodathunk? That's a riot - and very fine writing!
very nice... and the best thing about being a girl is lipstick.... i gotta remember that.....
not at all what I was expecting. Great imagination. By the way, standing up to pee is awesome.
I know I've said it before, but you really do write the best stories!
Hey, don't knock it; it comes in real handy when you're camping. And nail polish is no problem either; just as long as you don't wear it out in public.
Post a Comment